Automatically-generated change-tracked schema document (was Re: Upgrading the 29500 DR Processing System)

Rex Jaeschke rex at RexJaeschke.com
Thu Oct 1 03:27:35 CEST 2009

If I understand correctly, we compare one version of a schema with another,
and we get one set of differences for that whole schema, not a set of
individual differences for the changes made on a per DR basis.

Consider the case in which a DR solution results in changes to text in the
spec AND changes to one or more schemas. How can we keep the text and
(possibly multiple) schema changes together as a set in a DCOR or FPDAM? If
we can't, then we'll lose valuable information. For example, at least in the
balloted versions of the DCOR and FPDAM, I have a pointer from each solution
back to the DR that resulted in that change/correction.