Assembla cost

MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given) eb2m-mrt at asahi-net.or.jp
Mon Oct 5 03:15:27 CEST 2009

Dear colleagues,

I find that WG4 has 65 members.  It takes $99 every month if
more than 40 members are registered as users of a priviate
Assembla workspace.  I cannot afort the cost.  Although the
number of those who accepted my invitation is 22, some important
members have not accepted it yet and we certainly would like
to have more active members of WG4.

We do not have to give up the use of Assembla, but most
WG4 members have to rely on public access.  This means that
we cannot use comments on chickets for DR discussions and
that the current mailing list continues to be our discussion
channel.

We can use Assembla as the repository of schema changes,
and an online-index of defect reports.

I am trying to store the original 29500 schemas as well as all
DCOR1 and FPDAM1 schema changes in a subversion repository,
then construct DCOR1-changes-only-schemas, FPDAM1-changes-only
schemas, and schemas containing all changes.

I will then think about the online-index.  It is likely to be
an improved version of what we have now.