My action item: Letter to the W3C Web Applications WG

MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given) eb2m-mrt at asahi-net.or.jp
Fri Oct 30 02:27:35 CET 2009

Rick,

Thank you for the comment, but I am afraid I do not quite understand it.

> The most we would request at this stage is that the Widgets format would
> avoid any unnecessary features that might prevent a Widget from containing
> a directly embedded IS 29500 (OOXML) or IS 26300 (ODF) file.
>
> The requirements for OOXML in this regard are merely to avoid using a ZIP
> part named _rels/.rels  and a ZIP part Content_Type.

Are you saying that it should be easy to distinguish widget packages and
OPC packages by examining some parts?  (If so, I understand your point.)  Or,
are you saying that widget packages should be prohibited from having parts
named _rels/.rels or Content_Type?  (If so, I do not understand.  Why?)