PLEASE PROOF: Day 1 Draft Minutes of the Bellevue Meeting

MURATA Makoto eb2m-mrt at asahi-net.or.jp
Mon Sep 14 15:51:16 CEST 2009

Here are my comments.

- The first para of "Media Types"

Add

	It was agreed that many media types in OOXML
	do not follow the guidelines of IETF MIME RFCs.

-  The third para of "Media Types"

Drop
	just to have "better" type names.

since names are not the only issue.

-  The fourth para of "Media Types"

"Perhaps we should separate the media types in question into two groups: "

I don't think that this has to be recorded.  (Many other more
important things are not recorded.)  Moreover, as I said, there are
many possibilities for separating the two groups.  Choosing one of
them is not possible without establishing some guidelines for fixing
OOXML media types.

-  <need words>

My proposal is:

	for registering a generic OPC package media type and establishing a
	naming convention (such as "+opczip") for specialized media
	types derived from OPC.

-  DR-09-0160

Add

The current design may well be inconsistent, but is not defective.

-  DR-09-0161

Add

Although OOXML abuses MIME here, it was agreed that we cannnot fix
this "media type" without breaking existing OOXML documents.  It was
also agreed not to register this "media type", since it is likely to
be rejected by IANA.

-  DR-09-0162

Add

The reason is the same as in DR-09-0161.

-  DR-09-0163

Add

The reason is the same as in DR-09-DR-09-0160.

I am afraid that we cannot close this DR, since this media
type has to be registered at IANA.  I will take care of it.

-  DR-09-0166

Add

The reason is the same as in DR-09-0161.

-  DR-09-0167

Add

Furthermore, Microsoft is requested to register this media type.

-  DR-09-0036

Add

Although application/x-fontdata and application/x-font-ttf are
inappropriate, it was agreed that we cannot fix these media types
without breaking existing OOXML documents.  Note that W3C continues to
use application/x-www-form-urlencoded probably for the same reason.
Since application/x-fontdata and application/x-font-ttf are in the
special x. tree, they cannot be registered.

- DR-09-0039

Add

Although another media type for Embedded OpenType Format has been
already registered at IANA, we continue to use application/x-fontdata
for the compatibility with existing OOXML documents.

- b of "12. Other Business"

Murata-san will study [1] and prepare a reponse.