Using assembla for 29500 maintenance

Caroline Arms caar at loc.gov
Mon Sep 14 22:11:00 CEST 2009

Jesper,

Thanks for taking the effort to do document the pros and cons.  I like the two-part idea that emerged out of the discussion, probably after you left the discussion:

1.  Rex would use a new system at his end, based on a document for each DR and Custom XML with content controls to manage the corpus.  He can continue to work on DRs offline (in airplanes, etc.) and the merging with the online corpus would be simple.

2.  Murata-San could then extract the information he does now, but from the corpus, not a massive PDF.

I just played with the assembla interface and would like say that for me, the ability to get easily to a particular DR is a BIG PLUS.  In case I don't manage to call in again, I wanted to voice my support for this direction.

  Caroline

Caroline Arms
Library of Congress Contractor
Co-compiler of Sustainability of Digital Formats resource
http://www.digitalpreservation.gov/formats/

** Views expressed are personal and not necessarily those of the institution **
>>> "Jesper Lund Stocholm" <jesper.stocholm at ciber.dk> 09/12/09 11:19 AM >>>
Hello,

I have done some investigation into how assembla could improve our work process. This investigation has resulted in the attached document.

Have fun in Seattle the next days - I am sad I cannot be there with you (but I will be there in spirit)

Jesper Lund Stocholm

Lautruphøj 1-3
DK-2750 Ballerup
Denmark