My comments on DR 10-0001

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Thu Apr 1 16:36:37 CEST 2010

Jirka Kosek <jirka at kosek.cz> wrote:

> Of course you can define type as union of xs:date and string with only
> permitted value "1900-02-29", but no thanks, this would be really evil.

I agree that it's ugly, but I think that it's still better than
having, in the storage format, numeric serial values that can be
easily misinterpreted by one day for all days before March 1, 1900.

But with regard to the Strict format, I quite agree, the value
"1900-02-29", and this entire kind of ugliness definitely should
not be allowed there.

Best regards,
Norbert Bollow

--
Representative in matters of international standardization
of the Swiss Open Systems User Group /ch/open - http://ch-open.ch

Owner/CEO, Adaptux GmbH - http://adaptux.com
Coaching and Consulting in all areas of informatics management including
Goal-Setting, Strategy Development, Procurement, Day-To-Day Operations,
Software Asset Management, Risk Management, Benefit Orientation Management.