"Expert Contribution on OOXML Versioning"

MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given) eb2m-mrt at asahi-net.or.jp
Mon Apr 19 12:04:41 CEST 2010

Dear Norbert,

> > Are you willing to study the interactions and possible conflicts
> > between the versioning attribute and MCE?
>
> Yes, absolutely, provided someone puts me in touch with real-life
> use-cases of MCE.

There are two types of MCE-based extensions: proprietary and standard.

As of now, there are no standardized MCE-based extensions.  But Japan
has already proposed one such ("OOXML extension for Japanese Layout
Requirements" WG4 N0130).  Japan is expected to submit a new work item
proposal for standardizinc MCE-based extensions of OOXML as an
separate multi-part standard.  The schemas proposed by Japan is
available at http://mailman.vse.cz/pipermail/sc34wg4/2010-February/001202.html

At present, all MS Office 2010 extensions are proprietary.  They are
described as part of MS Office 2010 specifications, but "Office 2010 Extensions Sampling"
(WG4 N0133) should help.

Regards,

SC34/WG4 Convenor
MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given)