DR 09-0275 - BRM: serial date representation

Horton, Gareth Gareth_Horton at datawatch.com
Wed Apr 28 20:52:02 CEST 2010

Chris,

We are also going to need prose, since 18.17.4 specifies ISO8601.  We need to spell out that "Each unique instant in SpreadsheetML time is stored as an ISO 8601-formatted string ..." does not apply to Part 4.

Also the discussion of dateCompatibility in 18.2.28 may need to addressed, since as far as I can see, a dateCompatibility value of 0 or false must not be supported if we are removing ISO8601 dates for compatibility purposes. Essentially we need to remove the 1900 date base system as well.

In any case, we are intending to change the range for this date system for the ISO8601 changes we have planned, since it currently allows a base date of Jan 1 -9999.

There is also mention in 18.17.6.7 that we might want to explicitly point to, as regards deviating from it in Part 4.

Some other considerations:

DATE and other relevant functions - should disallow values enabled by 1900 date base here.

Gareth