DR 09-0291 — OPC: Use of term "Unicode string"

Chris Rae Chris.Rae at microsoft.com
Thu Aug 12 20:09:43 CEST 2010

http://cid-c8ba0861dc5e4adc.office.live.com/view.aspx/Public%20Documents/2009/DR-09-0291.docx

Me again. This defect asks for a more tight definition than "unicode string" when discussing part names.

The section just discusses how to convert an arbitrary string to a real part name (specified in 9.1.1.1). I propose that we take option 1 from the three given in the DR (any Unicode string is allowed), given that this does not discuss the syntax of the ultimate part names but instead discusses how to convert arbitrary strings *to* part names.

Any thoughts?