DR 09-0165 — SML and PML: Lack of Media Types

Chris Rae Chris.Rae at microsoft.com
Wed Aug 18 01:19:45 CEST 2010

http://cid-c8ba0861dc5e4adc.office.live.com/view.aspx/Public%20Documents/2009/DR-09-0165.docx

This DR covers the definition and registration of media types. We’ve discussed this one a bit before.

The discussion attached to the DR implies that SML and PML media types should be added to the list in 11.3.1. I don't believe this is true - that list is specific to the Alternate Content Part feature and should only contain media types which can be resolved into text documents (HTML, text, WML etc).

Regarding the core DR itself, It looks to me like this DR is actually resolved, because our very own Murata-san has registered the PML and SML media types with IANA (see list at http://www.iana.org/assignments/media-types/application/). Murata-san, can we move to close this DR now that you've registered them?