Draft for review: ISO 8601 date work on IS 29500

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Fri Jul 9 07:58:13 CEST 2010

Chris Rae <Chris.Rae at microsoft.com> wrote:

> First off, our dateTime type is indeed a subset of xsd:dateTime,
> (it's basically xsd:dateTime without time zones).

Hi Chris and everyone,
  I'm strongly in favor of using xsd:dateTime as-is, without
restricting it.

What's the benefit of making OOXML an island where timezones
cannot be expressed?

Essentially the entire rest of the XML world acknowledges the
fact that timezones exist and are sometimes important.

Greetings,
Norbert

--
Representative in matters of international standardization
of the Swiss Open Systems User Group /ch/open - http://ch-open.ch

Owner/CEO, Adaptux GmbH - http://adaptux.com
Coaching and Consulting in all areas of informatics management including
Goal-Setting, Strategy Development, Procurement, Day-To-Day Operations,
Software Asset Management, Risk Management, Benefit Orientation Management.