AMD2: Draft, FDAM, FPDAM?

Francis Cave francis at franciscave.com
Fri Jul 9 23:29:50 CEST 2010

Dave

Thanks for this summary. At present the JTC 1 website directs you to the ISO
website, which is where you'll find the old version of the JTC 1 Directives.
You may be right that the JTC 1 Standing Documents will only be available
from the JTC 1 website, but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't all end up
being on the ISO TC portal (i.e. in the Open Text system), since that is, by
default, where all TCs and JTC 1 are encouraged to store their documents.

The draft of Standing Document No 10 on Maintenance (JTC 1 N 9869) appears
to confirm that Amendments progressed under the new Directives must go
through the Committee, Enquiry and Approval stages (PDAM, DAM and FDAM). I'm
not sure what the ballot periods are for these stages, but I think that the
DAM ballot is longest (5 months?) and FDAM ballot is shortest (2 months?).
Do you have access to definite information on this?

Regards,

Francis