Draft for review: ISO 8601 date work on IS 29500

Chris Rae Chris.Rae at microsoft.com
Tue Jul 13 01:54:42 CEST 2010

I realise I'm splitting this thread somewhat, but just to clarify Gareth and Rick's discussion here - Rick, are you thinking we could use a union type of (first) string, then (second) xsd:ourRestrictedDateTime? If so, we do still have something of a problem because a document containing cell type t=d and a valid string inside the v attribute will schema-validate fine, but will not actually be valid according to the prose because in that instance the value must be an ourRestrictedDateTime. I'd agree that this is better than nothing, but I do wonder whether it just adds some complexity to the schema that isn't helping too much?

Gareth, as ever, correct me where I'm being bone-headed.