DR 09-0041: WML, Fonts: Font resource search

Chris Rae Chris.Rae at microsoft.com
Wed Jul 28 21:43:44 CEST 2010

The above JISC DR represents a query about the ordering of substituted fonts, which seems to be inconsistent with other resources which have similar lists. The notes in the DR itself suggest that Shawn presented a solution (possibly back in Prague) but that further consideration is required. I have the solution Shawn proposed but unfortunately I don't know what the further consideration would have been.

The solution was simply to change the order of the substituted fonts by moving "charset" to the top (in Part 1, 17.8.2). Can we think again about accepting this solution (perhaps on call tomorrow if that's not too soon)?