Proposal for Corrigenda vs. Amendment Bucketing for Stockholm Defect Reports

Shawn Villaron shawnv at microsoft.com
Mon Mar 22 11:05:43 CET 2010

Good afternoon,

As the GB delegation requested, I've put together a short proposal for which bucket each defect report that is "in-play" for Stockholm should be allocated into.  This is only a proposal, so I certainly would like to invite feedback here.  I've tried to play it a bit more conservatively than we did in the first round to avoid any corrigenda vs. amendment debates that may arise in the future.

One quick note: I've bucketized each of the Custom XML defects but I think they should be put together in one batch, which means that Custom XML work would need to be an amendment, which would have the effect of overriding their entries in the table below.  We should strive to resolve this strategy decision this week.

DR

Title

COR vs. AMD

09-0028

WML, Custom XML and Smart Tags: Tighten data types

AMD

09-0030

OPC: Placement of package RelationshipReference elements

AMD

09-0032

General: Inappropriate use of "content type"

COR

09-0034

General: Numerous media types should be registered at IANA

COR

09-0037

PML, Presentation: Clarify description of properties in embeddedFontLst

AMD

09-0049

WML, Fields: SYMBOL switch proper charset name usage

CLOSED

09-0057

PML, Presentation: Allow aliases as values for attribute typeface

AMD

09-0071

WML, Simple Types: Katakana enumeration examples

COR

09-0099

SML: No Normative References or Definitions for "MDX" and "OLAP"

COR

09-0103

WML: Error in WML schema

COR

09-0105

WML: Errors in examples

COR

09-0157

WML: restriction on ordering of run properties

AMD

09-0163

VML: Drawing Part Media Type

COR

09-0164

WML: Alternative Format Import Part Media Type

COR

09-0165

SML and PML: Lack of Media Types

AMD

09-0167

SML: Embedded Control Persistence Part Media Type

COR

09-0173

WML: shapeID attribute semantics missing

COR

09-0174

WML: Header cell identifier resolution

COR

09-0176

General: ST_String instance value set and length constraints

COR

09-0177

WML: Embedded control name length and content constraints

AMD

09-0178

WML: Syntax for, and handling of, fieldCodes values

AMD

09-0179

WML: progID length and content constraints

AMD

09-0180

WML: Table cell id length and content constraints

AMD

09-0181

WML: Handling of invalid name values

AMD

09-0182

WML: Handling of invalid uri values

AMD

09-0183

WML: Handling of invalid customXML element name values

AMD

09-0184

WML: Alias val length and content constraints

AMD

09-0185

WML: Programmatic Tag val length and content constraints

AMD

09-0186

WML: Style Definition styleId length and content constraints

AMD

09-0187

WML: Font Properties name length and content constraints

AMD

09-0188

WML: Paragraph Style's Associated Numbering Level val length and content constraints

AMD

09-0189

WML: Font Character Set reference to non-existent attribute

AMD

09-0191

Custom XML Schema: Allowed attribute values

AMD

09-0193

WML: Move hMerge from strict to transitional

AMD

09-0194

WML: Use of terminology "id" and "unique identifier"

AMD

09-0195

WML: numbering definition instance description

COR

09-0196

General: Conventions for element long names

COR

09-0197

General: dotted line rendering problem

COR

09-0204

WML: Custom markup

COR

09-0206

WML: Custom markup wording improvement

COR

09-0207

WML: Custom XML and Smart Tags

COR

09-0208

WML: Custom XML and Smart Tags

COR

09-0209

WML: Custom XML and Smart Tags

COR

09-0210

WML: Custom XML and Smart Tags

COR

09-0211

WML: Custom XML and Smart Tags

COR

09-0212

WML: Custom XML and Smart Tags

AMD

09-0213

WML: Custom XML and Smart Tags

COR

09-0216

WML: Custom XML and Smart Tags

COR

09-0219

WML: Custom XML Attribute

AMD

09-0221

WML: Custom XML Attribute

COR

09-0222

WML: Bibliography Structured Document Tag

COR

09-0223

WML: Structured Document Tags

AMD

09-0228

General: Inappropriate first paragraph in §7 of Parts 1, 2 and 4

COR

09-0229

Period missing at end of sentence

COR

09-0230

Cross-reference to non-existent Example

COR

09-0248

General: Removing the need for qualifiers on attributes in Strict

CWA

09-0249

Custom XML markup: well-formedness and validation

COR

09-0269

General: W3C Schema Licensing

COR

09-0271

Part 3 Normative References Missing

COR

09-0272

Part 4 Normative References Missing

COR

09-0273

Part 1 Normative References Missing

COR

09-0275

BRM: serial date representation

AMD

09-0279

Schema: id attribute on xsd:import elements

COR

09-0286

OPC: The syntax of "references"

COR

09-0290

OPC: Incorrect relationship for Reference Element

COR

09-0299

WML, Definitions: Definition for "document setting" incorrect

COR

09-0300

WML, Headers and Footers: Behavior contradictory for missing header/footer type

COR

09-0301

WML, Headers and Footers: Behavior for even/odd headers not consistent with legacy documents

COR

09-0302

WML, Headers and Footers: Confusing editorial error in prose

COR

09-0303

WML, Footnotes and Endnotes: Reference to non-existent attributes

COR

09-0304

WML, Footnotes and Endnotes: Editorial ambiguity in text

COR

09-0305

WML, Glossary Document: Unspecified behavior for repeated child elements

AMD

09-0306

WML, Numbering: Behavior for level restart not consistent with legacy documents

COR

09-0307

WML, Numbering: Behavior for level text not defined for bullet-based levels

COR

09-0308

WML, Numbering: Behavior for legal numbering defined inconsistently

COR

09-0309

WML, Numbering: Unnecessary restriction for tentative levels

COR

09-0310

SML: Imprecise definition of date and time formats

AMD

09-0311

SML: Date and time functions use disallowed serial date format

AMD

09-0312

WML: relyOnVml not removed per BRM instructions

AMD

09-0315

MCE: Preprocessing Model for Markup

COR

09-0316

Part 1: Conformance

COR

09-0317

Part 1: Conformance

COR

09-0318

Part 1: Conformance

COR

09-0320

OPC: Relationships Markup

COR

09-0322

OPC: Types

COR

09-0323

OPC: Relationships

COR

09-0324

OPC: Relationships

COR

09-0325

OPC: Relationships

COR

09-0326

DML, themes: Theme root element name conflict between prose and schema

AMD

09-0327

DML, themes: Undefined element used in Theme example

COR

10-0001

SML: Remove dateCompatibility attribute from strict schemas and occurring places in Part 1

AMD

10-0002

PML: Replace use of ST_ShapeId for CT_TLShapeTargetElement

COR

10-0003

PML: Replace use of ST_ShapeId for AG_TLBuild

COR

10-0004

Reference missing from Scope

COR

Statistics: 94 defect reports split between 32 amendment and 60 corrigenda ( and 1 CWA and 1 CLOSED ).

Also, in doing this exercise, I'm reminded that we wanted to update the Corrigenda vs. Amendment Guidance document ( updating it or retracting it ).  This would be good to chat about this week, too.

Almost in Stockholm ... see everyone in a few hours.

shawn