09-0032 General: Inappropriate use of "content type"

Shawn Villaron shawnv at microsoft.com
Wed Mar 24 03:30:35 CET 2010

Per our conversation earlier today, here is the updated text with Murata-san's note ( slightly modified ) regarding the inappropriate use of the term content type.

content type - Describes the content stored in a part. Content types define a media type, a subtype, and an optional set of parameters, as defined in RFC 2616. [Note: in many instances this should have been "media type" and such incorrect uses will be changed in the next edition.  end note]

It would be great to make a decision on this DR response this Wednesday so that we can close it out as it's one of our oldest active DRs.

Thanks,

shawn