DR 10-0001 - removal of leap year bug from strict (was RE: Detailed agenda for the 2010-04-22 teleconf)

MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given) eb2m-mrt at asahi-net.or.jp
Thu May 6 13:42:54 CEST 2010

Dear colleagues,

> I would personally prefer the option 3 as I think it will be the easiest - in
> the case of both 1 and 2, the amount of rewriting required will be
>substantial. However, I'm new here and I'd appreciate any guidance
>anyone has.

I also think that the burden caused by the options 1 and 2 is too siginificant.
The option 3 appears to be the only realistic solution to me.

It appears to me that some major surgery is needed and that some
decisions in the BRM have to be reverted on the basis of new findings
such as misinterpretation of 8601 dates by Ecma-376 implementations.
I think that we have to prepare an executive summary, which sketches
required changes and new findings.

Regards,

SC34/WG4 Convenor
MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given)