DR 09-0176 (string length constraints) - homework

Chris Rae Chris.Rae at microsoft.com
Thu May 6 15:51:36 CEST 2010

This looks good to me - we (Microsoft) do already cover the maximum string lengths we can deal with in different situations in our existing implementer's notes. There are other precedents for similar behaviour - for example, the standard does not call out in schema the maximum number of levels of grouping and outlining that can exist in SpreadsheetML - Excel can deal with a maximum of seven; this limit is mentioned only in an informative note (and one could argue ought to instead be in an implementer's note).