DR 09-0167 ? SML: Embedded Control Persistence Part Media Type

MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given) eb2m-mrt at asahi-net.or.jp
Wed Sep 29 03:08:27 CEST 2010

Chris,

Thank you for your mail.

> I don't think it will be popular if we steer people towards implementing ActiveX but not any other embedding technologies.

I agree with you.
> The right place for this info is inside each vendor's Implementer Notes - for this particular one,
> it's inside MS-OI29500.pdf (on MSDN at http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/4/8/24862317-78F0-4C4B-B355-C7B2C1D997DB/%5BMS-OI29500%5D.pdf),
> with the bulk of the info, including schema, appearing in section 6
> (page 729).

Probably, you are talking about 3.6 Office AcctiveX Supplemental
Information at page 880.

One possibility is to register he media type "application/vnd.ms-office.activeX+xml"
and reference to this subsection.  Shouldn't be difficult as long as you
admit  security issues around Active-X.