DR 11-0032 (was "Re: DR 11-0030, DR 11-0031, DR 11-0032")

MURATA Makoto eb2m-mrt at asahi-net.or.jp
Sat Dec 10 10:16:14 CET 2011

>> DR 11-0032 - OPC: XML Signature Properties
>>
>> https://skydrive.live.com/view.aspx/Public%20Documents/2011/DR-11-0032.docx?cid=c8ba0861dc5e4adc&sc=documents
>>

>> This DR requests Part 2 include a normative reference to, and use, the
>> schemas of XML Signature Properties
>> (http://www.w3.org/TR/xmldsig-properties/).
>
> In this case, I do not know when it will become a recommendation.
>
> The following paragraphs are quoted from the introduction of
> this CR.
> The SignatureProperties element defined by XML Signature
> [XMLDSIG-CORE1] offers a means to associate property
> values with an XML Signature. This document defines specific
> properties that may be used by various applications of XML
> Signature, without requiring those applications to define such
> properties on a per case basis. This document defines how
> these properties are to be specified and processed when
> used but does not require their use - specifications that
> reference this document may or may not require their use.
>
> The properties defined in this document are not a breaking
> change to XML Signature, but warrant a new namespace
> for the properties themselves so that they can be used in
> various versions of XML Signature.
>
> How about a non-normative reference and no schema changes?

I am mistaken here.  29500-2 clearly disallows any signature
property except SignatureTime of the namespace
"http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/package/2006/digital-signature".
I agree to close this DR without action.

But I find that many other W3C recommendations (such as
XML C14N) are used in examples in 29500-2.  I think that
these specs should be added as references and schemas have
to be modified.  I will submit another DR for this purpose.