New Document "Ecma TC46 Liaison Report to SC 34 (2011-12)" is available at http://www.itscj.ipsj.or.jp/sc34/wg4/archive/sc34-wg4-2011-0218.zip

MURATA Makoto eb2m-mrt at asahi-net.or.jp
Thu Dec 29 13:19:22 CET 2011

Folks,

I plan to write a draft reply to TC46 before our next teleconf.  First, here
is a part of the draft for changes around OPC part names.  I plan to write
another part about signature.   Comments are welcome.

1) OPC part names
The BRM for DIS 29500 introduced a lot of changes about permissible
OPC part names.Before the BRM, characters not allowed as part of URIs
(e.g.,non-ASCII characters) were not allowed as part of OPC part
names,although Annex A shows how arbitrary Unicode strings can be
convertedto OPC part names.  After the BRM, characters allowed as part
of IRIs(which is internationalized) are allowed as part of OPC part
names.Unfortunately, although this change is intended to allow
betterinternationalization, it was done in a hurry and it caused
severalproblems.  WG4 is trying to address them possibly by revising
ISO/IEC29500-2.
Since XPS currently uses the first edition of Ecma-376, it does
notallow non-ASCII characters as OPC part names.  If XPS starts to
useISO/IEC 29500-2:2011, XPS will allow non-ASCII characters as part
ofOPC part names and will inherit the current issues in ISO/IEC
29500-2around non-ASCII characters.
A list of issues around the non-ASCII characters and a list ofproposed
changes are shown in SC34/WG4
N0207(http://www.itscj.ipsj.or.jp/sc34/wg4/archive/sc34-wg4-2011-0207.html).WG4
is still studying the proposed changes and has not approved themyet.
WG4 would cordially request feedback from TC46.