Complex types in DR 11-0021

Chris Rae Chris.Rae at microsoft.com
Sat May 28 01:49:48 CEST 2011

Hi all - Murata-san mentioned during the call that DR 11-0021 (Ecma's DR regarding the inadequate specification of DrawingML in WordprocessingML) introduced a number of new complex types without defining them.

I've just had a look into this now - I think actually we don't typically introduce definitions of complex types; we instead define only simple types and elements. Complex types always have an extant instance in an element definition, so they are introduced that way. So I don't think we need to explicitly introduce definitions of the complex types.

Murata-san, am I understanding this correctly?

Enjoy the weekend all,