MCE issues for today

MURATA Makoto eb2m-mrt at asahi-net.or.jp
Tue Nov 29 21:52:20 CET 2011

Dear colleagues,

Today, I would like to make decisions about the following
questions about MCE.

Q1: Should we drop namespace subsumption in reply to DR 10-0016?

Pros: Clarity, no obvious loss (no known users or implemetations of
this feature)
Cons: Theoretical loss

Q2: Should we keep application-defined extension elements?  (see DR 10-0034)

Pros: This widely used functionality is kept.
Cons: Clearer semantics and the processing model is needed

Q3: Should we develop an MCE initialization language as part of Part 3?

Pros:  The initialization part of the processing model can be made clearer
Cons: This language has to be developed  from scratch.

Q4: Should we distinguish element namespaces and attribute namespaces?

Pros: Obvious design choice
Cons: Too much?  Different from the existing implementation?

Moreover, although I do not expect a decision today,  we should discuss
another issue.

Q5: Should the MCE processor be required to detect errors in what is
ignored or skipped?

Regards,

SC34/WG4 Convenor
MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given)