MCE best practices whitepaper

John Haug johnhaug at exchange.microsoft.com
Thu Feb 2 08:45:19 CET 2012

Hello all -
One of WG 4's requests to Microsoft during the meeting in Busan was a paper explaining Office's best practices for using MCE.  The intent was to create a starting place for the introduction to the new proposed work item capturing extensions to 29500.  Engineers from different teams within Office put together this brief paper explaining the uses of different extensibility mechanisms defined by MCE, rationale for choosing among them, and a general overview of how the Office preprocessor handles each.

I apologize for the short notice before next week's meeting in Prague, but I hope you have a chance to read it in advance of any discussions we have.  It's just a little over four pages and stays at a high level.

John