More copy-editing suggestions for MCE wiki

Arms, Caroline caar at loc.gov
Sat Nov 17 02:41:07 CET 2012

As promised, I went through section Y.  I can see that both Francis and now Murata-san have been working and things changed while I was reading, so these problems may or may not still exist

Y.1
I know that Y starts by describing 4 steps, but it isn't the "steps" that do the defining of the semantics of that step's operations.

Maybe, rather than "Step 1 defines"
The description of Step 1 defines ..., etc.

Step 2 seems to be missing an "or" in the fnal sentence

Y.3
condition 2 under Fallback has a superfluous "either"

Y.4
Either remove second "checking" or use different word in heading -- perhaps "signalling"(?)

Y.5
bullet 1.  extra space after comma.
bullet 5.  I would put "child" in front of "Choice or Fallback" rather than after

    Caroline

Caroline Arms
Library of Congress Contractor
Co-compiler of Sustainability of Digital Formats resource
http://www.digitalpreservation.gov/formats/

** Views expressed are personal and not necessarily those of the institution **