PLEASE PROOF: The draft minutes from today's WG4 teleconference are at http://www.itscj.ipsj.or.jp/sc34/wg4/def/sc34-wg4-2013-0250.zip

Arms, Caroline caar at loc.gov
Sat Jan 12 22:28:56 CET 2013

Rex,

I think Murata-san's request for John to explore wrt digital signatures was more specific than you have implied.  I didn't grasp all the details, but I think XAdES came in at one point.  I do find
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/david_leblanc/archive/2010/05/30/office-2010-digital-signatures-and-xades.aspx

I think you might ask Murata-san for clarification.  But perhaps John got the details better anyway.

The discussion was not really about "external" metadata, but about a possible extension to OPC to allow the addition of a metadata part to an OPC package (in a way, making external metadata into internal metadata) in a way that it would not be discarded by tools that did not understand the particular metadata scheme.  In relation to MS Office software, the metadata would be generated externally, but it would be "in" the package once added, even if ignored by Office.  It was agreed that more discussion of OPC revision would be on the agenda for Copenhagen.

    Otherwise things look fine.

    Caroline

Caroline Arms
Library of Congress Contractor
Co-compiler of Sustainability of Digital Formats resource
http://www.digitalpreservation.gov/formats/

** Views expressed are personal and not necessarily those of the institution **