PLEASE PROOF: N 0271, 29500-3 (MCE) Revision, WD0.93

MURATA Makoto eb2m-mrt at asahi-net.or.jp
Wed Oct 9 14:25:48 CEST 2013

Caroline,

Thank you for your contributions to MCE.

Just noticing that Murata-san has not added a Fallback element, etc. to
> first example as per Delft note.  I strongly argued in the past that the
> first example needs to be a more complete example of AlternateContent.

Ah, I see your point.  You would like to have a Fallback element for all
three examples
in subclause 7.5?

> What about (for consistency with changes made in 9.4 examples)
> ---
> Suppose that an application configuration contains the three namespaces, “
> http://www.example.com/n1”,http://www.example.com/n2”, and “
> http://www.example.com/n3”. Then Choice #1, Choice #1-1, and Choice #2-1
> are marked as selected, and Choice #2, Fallback #1, Fallback #1-1, and
> Fallback #2-1 are not.
> ---
>
> and what about explaining what is marked if n3 is not in the application
> configuration?

Choice #1 , Fallback #1-1, and Fallback #2-1 are
marked as selected if the application configuration
contains “http://www.example.com/n1” and
“http://www.example.com/n2” but does not
contain “http://www.example.com/n3”.