More OPC answers

MURATA Makoto eb2m-mrt at asahi-net.or.jp
Mon May 12 17:48:28 CEST 2014

>  For Tuesday’s call.  We received more information this past week on the
> questions I asked.
>

> 1. Regarding steps 1-9 in A.3: They said that the examples in A.4 should
> illustrate why the steps exist.  For example, see the line for the Unicode
> string “\a.xml” (4th from bottom).  Without those steps (in particular, 4
> and 5), the result would be “/%5Ca.xml” rather than “/a.xml” because the
> URI that is run through those steps is “%5Ca.xml”.

It appears that the biggest reason for the itemized list  is to
convert "\a.xml" to "/a.xml" automatically.   We have to do
that conversion.

I think that this conversion should be done as part of
the semantics of the pack scheme, rather than
by the resolution of relative references.

But wait!  Are "/a.xml" and "\a.xml" equivalent?
If so, equivalent as part names or equivalent as
relative references (in that case, is "/./a.xml"
also equivalent?).