XML usage in OPC

Chris Rae Chris.Rae at microsoft.com
Mon Sep 15 18:50:37 CEST 2014

Let’s chat in Japan, but my thoughts on these:

Rule #1: I think you might be right, there’s no value to prohibiting this in OPC
Rule #2: I think you’re right here too, although we should maybe have an informative note recommending against use of DTDs
Rule #3: ‘d agree that it’s up to the consuming specification to determine whether MCE is used in their markup. The only wrinkle in this is whether MCE is to be permitted inside the OPC portions of the package itself (rels files etc) – this needs some more thinking
Rule #4: I think this bullet should remain but should be better scoped

I’m not sure I completely understand rule #5. I’d rather assumed these were prohibited by XML itself.

Chris