FW: Error in the proposed resolution to DR-14-0013

Rex Jaeschke rex at RexJaeschke.com
Tue Apr 7 02:04:51 CEST 2015

FYI; it looks like we'll have to revisit this DR.

From: Charlie Clark [mailto:charlie.clark at clark-consulting.eu]
Sent: Sunday, April 5, 2015 11:11 AM
To: Rex Jaeschke
Subject: Error in the proposed resolution to DR-14-0013

Hi Rex,

I hope you're well. I think there is an error in the proposed resolution due to the many different ways that worksheets can be referred to.

https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?cid=C8BA0861DC5E4ADC&resid=c8ba0861dc5e4adc%21751&qt=sharedby&app=Word

<definedName name="Northwind_Database"
localSheetId="2">Sheet5!$A$1:$T$47</definedName>

<sheets>
   <sheet name="Sheet5" sheetId="2" r:id="rId1"/> </sheets>

This suggests that localSheetId="2" refers to sheetId="2" but I think that this is incorrect because I think localSheetId refers to a 0-based index of the sheets listed in the <sheets>-node of the workbook. I'm guessing this because I've seen localSheetId="0". Also the implementer notes state:
"The standard specifies localSheetID is the sheet index in this workbook where data from an external reference is displayed."

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark
Managing Director