COR3 issue: ST_PitchFamily

John Haug johnhaug at exchange.microsoft.com
Fri Aug 14 23:52:19 CEST 2015

Background: E-mail “A second COR for 29500-1 and the type ST_PitchFamily in DML” forwarded below
Background: E-mail “ST_PitchFamily in dml-main.xsd” (latest reply 2015-07-12)

·         DR 09-0055: CT_TextFont at pitchFamily changed to be of new type ST_PitchFamily (missing in DCOR)

·         DR 09-0037 already removed CT_TextFont at charset/panose/pitchFamily

·         --> Proposed: back out DR 09-0055, re-open it, look at it from scratch

·         ** Why was 09-0037 resolved as it was? ("Reviewed Shawn’s email of 2010-03-18. We chose Choice 2, “Remove the attributes from the standard”." The e-mail is the same as in the DR log from 2009-06-17.)
Rex> Yes it looks like we need to reconsider these, and as MM suggested in his mail, “Re: A second COR for 29500-1 and the type ST_PitchFamily in DML”, on 2015-07-30 [JH: Forwarded below], we NOT include this in the 2nd COR, but rather take our time and fix it next time around. I suggest making a new DR that points to these two.

I think these two DRs need to be looked at together to come to a final conclusion.  Because there is such a significant amount of text changed here, I think publishing as is would be a problem and that we should correct this before the Beijing meeting so the new DCOR ballot (COR3b?) will have it.