Draft resolution for WG4 to request of SC 34 in Beijing

Rex Jaeschke rex at RexJaeschke.com
Mon Sep 7 21:40:46 CEST 2015

29500-3:2015 (MCE) was published by ISO earlier this year. It will be
published by Ecma in December. So, as with previous new editions, we should
ask the ISO edition to be made freely available.

Here's the draft of the resolution I'll present to WG4 in Beijing:

Resolution xx: Request for Free Availability of ISO/IEC 29500-3:2015, Office
Open XML File Formats - Markup Compatibility and Extensibility (MCE)

SC 34 resolves to request JTC 1 to make ISO/IEC 29500-3:2015 freely
available, as it is available freely from Ecma International.

This meets Criteria (2) of Council Resolution 6/2004 in JTC 1 N 7604: "(2)
FREE ELSEWHERE: Publications for which authorized identical documents are
freely available in electronic format elsewhere"