Terms and Definitions -- Re: PLEASE PROOF: Drafts of 29500-1/-4:2016; feedback due by the end of 2016-04-29

Rex Jaeschke rex at RexJaeschke.com
Sat Apr 9 18:51:55 CEST 2016

Thanks Caroline. See my replies inline. Rex

-----Original Message-----
From: caroline arms [mailto:caroline.arms at gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, April 9, 2016 11:35 AM
To: Rex Jaeschke <rex at rexjaeschke.com>
Cc: SC 34 WG4 <e-SC34-WG4 at ecma-international.org>; TC45 <e-TC45 at ecma-international.org>
Subject: Terms and Definitions -- Re: PLEASE PROOF: Drafts of 29500-1/-4:2016; feedback due by the end of 2016-04-29

Rex,

I have one small thought as I get started looking at links from Part 4 to Part 1.  We eliminated most of the Terms and Definitions in Part 4, rather than repeating those in Part 1 -- but we did not add a note pointing to Part 1 Terms and Definitions.  There is an existing note that refers to Part 2 (in both Part 1 and Part 4).  I find myself thinking that there should be a reference in Part 4 to the Terms and Definitions section in Part 1.  It looks odd to point to Part 2 but not to Part 1.   Is that something you can do at this stage?

Rex> Yes, I see no reason to not improve that non-normative text. How about changing the current Note, "[Note: This part uses OPC-related terms, which are defined in ISO/IEC 29500-2. end note]" to "[Note: This part uses terms defined in ISO/IEC 29500-1 and ISO/IEC 29500-2. end note]"?

   Caroline