PLEASE PROOF: Drafts of 29500-1/-4:2016; feedback due by the end of 2016-04-29

Rex Jaeschke rex at RexJaeschke.com
Tue Apr 19 20:23:58 CEST 2016

See my replies inline. Rex

-----Original Message-----
From: caroline arms [mailto:caroline.arms at gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2016 1:17 PM
To: Rex Jaeschke <rex at rexjaeschke.com>
Cc: SC 34 WG4 <e-SC34-WG4 at ecma-international.org>; TC45 <e-TC45 at ecma-international.org>
Subject: Re: PLEASE PROOF: Drafts of 29500-1/-4:2016; feedback due by the end of 2016-04-29

Rex,

Continuing the pass through Cor 1 against the Part 1 draft.

Items 244-247 look OK.

Item 248 doesn't match Cor 1 in the color for the third diagram.
Looking at Cor 1 and the 2012 standard, what you have done looked OK to me -- for color and for layout.  However, looking at the DR, I see that one complaint was the illegibility of the black text against the blue background.  Perhaps it makes sense to use a lighter shade of blue.  Or use the green as in Cor 1.

Rex> I don’t have the original artwork, so did the best I could at the time with this without resorting to redrawing the figure. That said, I'd take another shot at it.

Item 249 doesn't seem to have delete and insert indicators and have change lines against only one of the diagrams.  However, things look OK to me wrt the extraneous bullets mentioned in the DR.

Rex> So long as the final result is good (which I think we agree that it is), I'll leave it as is. I do recall have quite some difficulty with change-tracking switched on in getting the correct changes. So I switched it off. (Sometimes Word tried way tooooo hard to help me when I don’t want it to!)

Items 250-257 look OK.

Items 258-261 look OK.  However, I notice that by deleting all these subclauses, clauses L.7.3. and L.7.3.4 become problematic, because they assume 7.3.4.2 is present and don't make sense without some discussion of Alternate Content Blocks.  Would it be acceptable at this stage to create a new 7.3.4.2 that simply refers to Part 3?

Rex> I see the problem. Let’s discuss that on the next teleconference.

Item 262 looks OK and links are correct

Item 263 is in Electronic Annex.  Not checked.

    I am going to be away until next Tuesday and will not be planning to do any work -- although I may check email.

    Caroline