Remaining issues for DR 10-0048

MURATA Makoto eb2m-mrt at asahi-net.or.jp
Sat Aug 6 04:47:53 CEST 2016

Dear colleagues,

In our last teleconference, we discussed the intention of "All 64-bit
stream
record sizes and offsets shall have the high-order bit = 0. [M3.20]" .  We
didn't get it.

I searched for all 8 byte fields in the APPNote  (see below).  I still do
not understand, though.

Inhe next WD, we might want to keep the original sentence, add
an editors' note for soliciting comments from OPC designers and close
this  DR.

Another problem is

There were some concerns on prohibiting some features when either the
existing "Pass through on editing" or "Supported on Consumption" columns
does not say "No", even when the existing "Supported on Production" column
says "No".  Murata-san argued that this is an error recovery by
applications and should be kept outside the scope of this document.

If we cannot reach consensus for the final decision, we again
might want to create an editor's note and keep going.
The F2F in Seattle is the best chance for making the final decision.

4.3.14  Zip64 end of central directory record

        size of zip64 end of central
        directory record                8 bytes
        total number of entries in the
        central directory on this disk  8 bytes
        total number of entries in the
        central directory               8 bytes
        size of the central directory   8 bytes
        offset of start of central
        directory with respect to
        the starting disk number        8 bytes

4.3.15 Zip64 end of central directory locator

      relative offset of the zip64
      end of central directory record 8 bytes

   4.5.3 -Zip64 Extended Information Extra Field (0x0001):

      The following is the layout of the zip64 extended
      information "extra" block. If one of the size or

        Original
        Size       8 bytes    Original uncompressed file size
        Compressed
        Size       8 bytes    Size of compressed data
        Relative Header
        Offset     8 bytes    Offset of local header record

   4.5.5 -NTFS Extra Field (0x000a):

      The following is the layout of the NTFS attributes
      "extra" block.

         Tag        Size       Description
         -----      ----       -----------
         Mtime      8 bytes    File last modification time
         Atime      8 bytes    File last access time
         Ctime      8 bytes    File creation time

    7.3.4 New fields for Version 2

              Value                 Size       Description
              -----                 ----       -----------
              Compressed Size       8 bytes    Size of the compressed data
              Original   Size       8 bytes    Original uncompressed size

A.2 Field Code  Description

   0068     GZIP two words                      8 bytes

B.2 Field Code  Description

   000D     DF/SMS Management Class             8 bytes EBCDIC Text Value
   000E     DF/SMS Storage Class                8 bytes EBCDIC Text Value
   000F     DF/SMS Data Class                   8 bytes EBCDIC Text Value

   0020     VSAM Data Buffer Space              8 bytes EBCDIC num_value
left-justified

   0036     VSAM Owner                          8 bytes EBCDIC text string
   0037     VSAM Index Owner                    8 bytes EBCDIC text string
   0068     GZIP two words                      8 bytes