Fwd: Fw: Important additional information - JTC 1 webex training on How to write standards

MURATA Makoto eb2m-mrt at asahi-net.or.jp
Wed Mar 2 06:01:34 CET 2016

From: *Toshiko Kimura* <kimura at itscj.ipsj.or.jp>
日付: 2016年3月2日水曜日
件名: Fw: Important additional information - JTC 1 webex training on How to
To: sc34officer at itscj.ipsj.or.jp, eb2m-mrt at asahi-net.or.jp, jirka at kosek.cz,
Brown <alexb at griffinbrown.co.uk>, ningli.ok at 163.com

Forwarded by Toshiko Kimura <kimura at itscj.ipsj.or.jp
 From:    Maho TAKAHASHI <TAKAHASHI at iso.org
 To:      DL-9862 <DL-9862 at iso.org
 Cc:      Higginbottom Karen Ms <karen.higginbottom at hp.com
          Henry CUSCHIERI <CUSCHIERI at iso.org
          Blandine GARCIA <GARCIAB at iso.org
          Thonet Gilles Dr <gth at iec.ch
          "Rajchel Lisa Mrs." <lrajchel at ansi.org
<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','lrajchel at ansi.org');>>,
          Maho TAKAHASHI <TAKAHASHI at iso.org
<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','TAKAHASHI at iso.org');>>
 Date:    Tue, 1 Mar 2016 17:17:32 +0000
write standards
----

Dear JTC 1 and its Subcommittee Secretaries,

Please kindly share the following information with your committee members.

Regarding the JTC 1 webex training on “How to write standards”, over 40
people have already registered. Due to the great number of participants
registered, we have closed the registration for Session 1: Tuesday March 22
2016, 9-10 AM CET.

In the meantime, we have added 2 additional sessions on Thursday April 7
2016 (Session 3: Thursday April 7 2016, 9-10 AM CET and Session 4: Thursday
April 7 2016, 3-4 PM CET).

*Please note that each session will provide the identical training.*

We have accordingly modified the questions at:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MQP7CGP

Please kindly note that as soon as 20 people are registered in a session,
we will close the registration for that session. If the proposed 4 sessions
are fully participated and if other people are still interested by this
training module, we will consider how we can address this but wait until we
finish with the 4 sessions.

This is actually more than what we expected and we are glad that many
people are interested!

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Maho and Blandine

------------------------------

*JTC 1 webex training on How to write standards*

*Session 1: Tuesday March 22 2016, 9-10 AM CET  *Registration closed due to
the great number of participants registered.*

*Session 2: Tuesday March 22 2016, 3-4 PM CET*

*Session 3: Thursday April 7 2016, 9-10 AM CET NEW!*

*Session 4: Thursday April 7 2016, 3-4 PM CET NEW!*

*** *Each session will provide the identical training.*

Outline:

1.      Publishing steps and your standard
Review of the stages in the publishing process, what files the
Secretary/Convenor receives and what they are expected to do with them,
what happens to your standard at each stage

2.      How to write standards
Review of the most important points in the ISO/IEC Directives, Part 2, to
help drafters in preparing their submissions, answers editorial questions
for drafters, gives tips on making the publication process move more
quickly

3.      New technology – XML and the Online Browsing Platform

4.      Resource area
------------------------------

--------------------- Original Message Ends --------------------

=========================