ETSI rules for should and other modal vers

Francis Cave francis at franciscave.com
Fri Mar 4 13:02:25 CET 2016

Murata-san

As you are aware, I recently forwarded Caroline’s comments to the UK ETSI mirror committee for formal submission. Caroline’s comment 14 was not about the use of ‘should’ as a modal verb but its use as a conjunction to introduce a conditional sentence. This is a potentially confusing and unnecessary use of ‘should’, where ‘if’ or ‘when’ are better, and I have made that point in a covering note that I sent to the UK ETSI mirror committee.

Kind regards,

Francis