FW: DR 15-0015

Rex Jaeschke rex at RexJaeschke.com
Thu Nov 3 16:28:13 CET 2016

From: Aarti Nankani [mailto:anankani at microsoft.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 2, 2016 3:39 PM
To: charlie.clark at clark-consulting.eu
Cc: Rex Jaeschke <rex at RexJaeschke.com>
Subject: DR 15-0015

Dear Charlie,

The product teams looked at this and resonded as follows:

<https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx/Public%20Documents/2015/DR-15-0015.docx
?cid=c8ba0861dc5e4adc> DR 15-0015 - DML: Stock charts and interoperability

Our response is that high-low lines are not a requirement for stock charts
to function. We do allow users to disable high-low lines through Office
client UI, which allows users to preserve just the "close" portion of the
data. We believe that users should have this level of customization if they
so choose, and hence we maintain that high-low lines should be an optional
rather than required component of stock charts. Setting high-low lines to
required would force high-low lines to be an innate part of stock charts,
which may be against what our users desire.

Please let us know if this clarifies your question.

Regards,
Aarti