DR-14-0014, "SML: Merging Cells"

Francis Cave francis at franciscave.com
Tue Sep 20 16:45:06 CEST 2016

Hi Rex

This looks OK to me – it is consistent with how we have agreed to resolve
the issue – except that it has me wondering about the use of the term
"unspecified". I presume we mean the term to be interpreted as defined in
§4, i.e. it is an application-dependent behaviour and not an
implementation-defined behaviour. I don't think we can require the behaviour
to be documented for each implementation, even if that is highly desirable,
but that may be worth a moment's discussion before we close the DR in Seoul.

And, yes, I'd delete the text from the Primer that suggests a particular
interpretation.

Kind regards,

Francis