A new DR in the making: ST_Percentage

Rex Jaeschke rex at RexJaeschke.com
Wed Jul 19 16:42:24 CEST 2017

-----Original Message-----
From: Charlie Clark [mailto:charlie.clark at clark-consulting.eu]
Sent: Monday, July 17, 2017 8:03 AM
To: Rex Jaeschke <rex at rexjaeschke.com>

I've recently come across some of the lower level measurements and I'm not quite sure how to interpret them. Eg. ST_Percentage. The specification has this defined as:

22.9.2.9 ST_Percentage (Percentage Value with Sign) This simple type specifies that its contents will contain a percentage measurement, with a trailing percent sign.

And the regex is defined as "[0-9]+(\.[0-9]+)?%"

But the percent sign appears in fact to be optional: how does this affect the value? For example, a mitre:

<a:miter lim="800000"
xmlns:a="http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/drawingml/2006/main" />

Is this the same as:

<a:miter lim="800000%"
xmlns:a="http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/drawingml/2006/main" />

ie. factor 8000?

Should the regex be redefined as "[0-9]+(\.[0-9]+)?%?"

Charlie