Question re the SML simple type ST_sqref and list-item separator

Francis Cave francis at franciscave.com
Fri Feb 23 16:08:34 CET 2018

Hi Charlie

I've just created a simple test document in Excel 2016 on Windows 10. In the case of both <conditionalFormatting> and <protectedRange>, this version of Excel uses spaces to separate multiple ranges specified in @sqref, in accordance with the standard. I haven't checked the other use of @sqref (<ignoredError>), but I anticipate that the same will apply.

However, I note that in the Excel user interface multiple ranges are displayed with commas between the ranges, where in the SML document there are spaces. Might this be simply a difference between the file format and the user interface?

Kind regards,

Francis