Question re the SML simple type ST_sqref and list-item separator

Francis Cave francis at franciscave.com
Fri Feb 23 18:48:59 CET 2018

Hi Charlie

Don't be too quick to blame LibreOffice either, at least not the version I'm using (version 5.3.7.2). I just opened my test document in LibreOffice Calc and saved it, and multiple ranges in @sqref are space-separated. Just to be sure that this wasn't as a result of the document having been created in Excel, I created a new multi-range set of cells in LibreOffice with conditional formatting applied, and the ranges are space-separated in the saved spreadsheet.

Still, I've no doubt that your general point is correct: there are implementations of SpreadsheetML out there that aren't storing multiple ranges correctly.

Out of interest, if you open such a document in Excel, does it open correctly? If I change the space to a comma in <conditionalFormatting>, both Excel and LibreOffice open the resulting file, but both silently throw away the conditional formatting.

Kind regards,

Francis