2D Transforms - Which one?

Charlie Clark charlie.clark at clark-consulting.eu
Tue Jul 17 14:35:05 CEST 2018

Hi,

just come across this uncertainty: the specification contains identical
definitions of 2D-Transforms, once in Drawing Main:
20.1.7.6 and once in Spreadsheet Drawing 20.5.2.36

I'm trying to work out when to use which one. If I follow the schema then
it's quite clear that both PictureFrames (20.5.2.16) and
GraphicalObjectFrames (20.5.2.25) both use the one from Drawing Main.
Indeed the prose makes explicit reference to this.

Schema for Graphic Frames:

<xsd:complexType name="CT_GraphicalObjectFrame">
         <xsd:sequence>
            <xsd:element name="nvGraphicFramePr"
type="CT_GraphicalObjectFrameNonVisual" minOccurs="1"
              maxOccurs="1"/>
            <xsd:element name="xfrm" type="a:CT_Transform2D" minOccurs="1"
maxOccurs="1"/>
            <xsd:element ref="a:graphic" minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1"/>
         </xsd:sequence>
         <xsd:attribute name="macro" type="xsd:string" use="optional"/>
         <xsd:attribute name="fPublished" type="xsd:boolean" use="optional"
default="false"/>
</xsd:complexType>

However, the implementers notes says that xdr:xfrm should be used. And
this is also what Excel expects. So which is it? I wondered if this is
something that was changed later in the specification (strict) but I can't
find a note to this effect.

If the schema is correct then I think xdr:xfrm is redundant, but I suspect
it's going to be the other way round.

I suspect that this can only be answered by Microsoft's team, if you can
pass this on to them Aarti?

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark