DR 17-0022 — DML: wMode and yMode are unclear

Charlie Clark charlie.clark at clark-consulting.eu
Sun Mar 4 13:12:08 CET 2018

Am .03.2018, 23:33 Uhr, schrieb Francis Cave <francis at franciscave.com>:

> We should discuss this, but we might be in a position to draft some new
> text after all.

> I attach a couple of test documents containing manual layout of chart
> elements.

Thanks for the investigation, Francis. I've done something similar in the
past and I seem to remember discussions in the past about Excel's default
behaviour. My point is that we shouldn't really be needing to do this and
the narrative – Murata has argued against tightening up the schema – can
be updated to include sketches of the different modes. But we will need
MS' input on this as I don't think leaving everything up to the
implementer makes sense here. That said I suspect we can come up with a
proposal for the layout that can hopefully quickly be corrected or
approved.

Heading off to the airport shortly and looking forward to meeting you all.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark
Managing Director