Suggestion for DR 17-0029

Charlie Clark charlie.clark at clark-consulting.eu
Wed May 9 16:38:56 CEST 2018

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if I will be able to make today's meeting and I won't be
coming to the face-to-face in June because it overlaps with SWMBO's plans.

Here my delayed update on the question:

Within source XML cell references which characters must be quoted or
require quoting of the worksheet name. Is the current definition
sufficient? Are there other object names where this applies? Ideally it
would be possible to provide a regex for testing this and I would be happy
to contribute to this.

Also interoperability would it be possible for Microsoft to provide a list
of reserved names that should be avoided for worksheets, defined names,
tables, etc. This could be extended by other vendors as required.

The example originally provided that caused problems in Excel 2016 seems
to have been resolved, but not necessarily for other versions. I cannot
find a reference to this in any of the release notes such as

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/release-notes-for-office-2016-for-mac-ed2da564-6d53-4542-9954-7e3209681a41?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US#bkmk_nov2017

It would be very useful if Microsoft could identify which version contains
the fix. This is not a request for any internal or privileged information
but would be useful to point users to. It would also document the
important work of the working group and Microsoft's commitment to it.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark
Managing Director