DR 15-0020

MURATA Makoto eb2m-mrt at asahi-net.or.jp
Sat Sep 8 11:28:53 CEST 2018

*2018-09-07 Alfred Hellstern:*

Response from our product team:

1)     *shapeDefaults* – standard states only vml-officeDrawing.xsd is
allowed. Schema is consistent with this.

2)     *hdrShapeDefaults* – standard states only vml-officeDrawing.xsd is
allowed. Schema is consistent with this.

3)     *pict*- need to investigate code to determine if it’s possible to
write out both vml.xsd and vml-officeDrawing.xsd. Schema allows both
namespaces, but standard indicates only vml.xsd is allowed.

4)     *background*- proposal is to insert a new section between 14.1 and
14.2 called Main Document Story that includes a new item describing use of
VML for the background element, indicating that vml.xsd and
vml-officeDrawing.xsd are allowed. This is consistent with the schema. I
agree.

5)     *object*- proposal is to insert a new section after 14.3.2, to
describe VML for object element, indicating that vml.xsd and
vml-officeDrawing.xsd are allowed. This is consistent with the schema. I
agree.

6)     *Pml.xsd and sml.xsd*- I’m not sure about this portion of the DR.
Those appear to be related to PPT and XL Strict XML? (Correct me if I’m
wrong here).

So I think we need to investigate 3) a little more, and I need help
understanding whether 6) is really an item for us?

Although the DR log for 15-0020 mentions 6), this is is actually a part of
DR 17-0013 and DR 1R 17-0004.

It remains to study 3) a little more.

This message has been scanned for malware by Forcepoint. www.forcepoint.com