Problems with XSD schema in validators

Jirka Kosek jirka at kosek.cz
Tue Dec 1 15:37:02 CET 2009

Hi,

I have checked the latest set of schemas for DCOR1 in various validators.

Everything worked OK with the exception of .NET 2.0 validator. Removal
of id attribute from xsd:import element in the following schemas (both
in T and S)

•	dml-diagram.xsd
•	pml.xsd
•	shared-math.xsd
•	sml.xsd

solved the problem. I propose to drop id attributes from those schemas
as it serves no purpose and such change will increase usability of schemas.

I also checked schemas in MSXML 4.0/5.0/6.0 and I haven't noticed
problems described in Japan comment -- might be because I have used the
latest MSXML 4.0 with SP3 applied on it.

The only problem with MSXML 4.0/5.0 is that they do not contain schema
for XML namespace, you have to add schema manually to validator. Then
they work as expected.

					Jirka

FYI, in order to test schema in MSXML you can use the following WSH script:

var sc = WScript.CreateObject("Msxml2.XmlSchemaCache.4.0");
//var sc = WScript.CreateObject("Msxml2.XmlSchemaCache.5.0");
//var sc = WScript.CreateObject("Msxml2.XmlSchemaCache.6.0");

sc.validateOnLoad = true;

sc.add("http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace", "xml.xsd"); // required
for MSXML 4.0/5.0
sc.add("http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/wordprocessingml/2006/main",