Proposed Agenda for Defect Handling ( June 11th conference call )

Shawn Villaron shawnv at microsoft.com
Thu Jun 11 04:33:45 CEST 2009

Greetings,

I'd like to make a personal proposal regarding our agenda for tomorrow's conference call.  I'm proposing that we spend the first hour going through many/most of the proposals that I've sent out over the past few days.  This will allow us to make what I hope is considerable progress on the backlog of defect reports we have.  Then we can spend the rest of the hour on namespaces and other business that Murata-san has for us.  Then, if there is time remaining, we can go back to these responses.

I have provided either proposals or guidance for 52 of the 69 defect reports I identified for CPH discussions. Before I provide the list of defects that I'd like to cover, I thought it was interesting to see the response distribution by submitter of these defect reports:

[cid:image002.png at 01C9EA02.5EB145C0]

I'll be continuing to work on the "red" defect reports in hopes that we can ensure that they are discussed in CPH.

Here are the "blue" defect reports which I'd like to talk about at tomorrow's meeting:

09-0029

WML, Custom XML and Smart Tags: Specification for Validation Lacking

09-0038

WML/PML/DML: Panose-1 Typeface Classification

09-0048

WML, Fonts: Panose-1 classification mechanism missing

09-0052

SML, Styles: family attribute range issue

09-0053

PML, Presentation: Attribute name pitchFamily is misleading

09-0054

DML, run formatting: Attribute name pitchFamily is misleading

09-0063

WML, Fields: Form Field Properties length

09-0064

WML, Simple Types: ST_FFHelpTextVal length

09-0065

WML, Simple Types: ST_FFName length

09-0066

WML, Simple Types: ST_MacroName length

09-0068

SML, Styles: name attribute length

09-0069

SML, Pivot Tables: longText attribute length

09-0070

PML, Presentation: modifyVerifier password length

09-0074

WML, Simple Types: ST_TextDirection direction of rotation

09-0075

WML, Simple Types: ST_TextDirection conflict between attribute values

09-0104

DML: Contradiction between text and dml-wordProcessingDrawing schema

09-0106

PML: Errors in examples

09-0144

SML, Formulas: Various functions, iterative search technique

09-0146

SML, Formulas: MATCH, inconsistent use of return value #NUM!

09-0156

WML: XSLT Transformation error in Example

09-0169

Normative Reference to XML 1.1

09-0170

Normative Reference to Namespaces in XML 1.1

09-0204

WML: Custom markup

09-0205

WML: Definition of "round tripping" missing

09-0206

WML: Custom markup wording improvement

09-0207

WML: Custom XML and Smart Tags

09-0208

WML: Custom XML and Smart Tags

09-0209

WML: Custom XML and Smart Tags

09-0210

WML: Custom XML and Smart Tags

09-0211

WML: Custom XML and Smart Tags

09-0212

WML: Custom XML and Smart Tags

09-0213

WML: Custom XML and Smart Tags

09-0219

WML: Custom XML Attribute

09-0221

WNL: Custom XML Attribute

09-0222

WML: Bibliography Structured Document Tag

09-0224

WML: Combo Box Structured Document Tag

09-0227

WML: Inconsistent use of ML style IDs in examples

09-0231

SML, core: Raw value range

09-0232

SML, core: Paper size support

09-0233

SML, core: Shortcoming with ValIso

09-0234

DML, text: CT_TextBulletSizePercent's val attribute should be required

09-0235

DML, text: CT_TextBulletSizePoint's val attribute should be required

09-0236

DML, effects: CT_EffectReference's ref attribute should be required

09-0237

DML, extensibility: CT_OfficeArtExtension is defined incorrectly

09-0238

DML, graphical objects: CT_GraphicalObjectData's uri attribute should be required

09-0239

DML, colors: CT_PresetColor's val attribute should be required

09-0240

DML, text: CT_TextFont's typeface attribute should be required

09-0241

PML, extensibility: CT_Extension's uri attribute of should be required

09-0242

PML, graphical objects: CT_GraphicalObjectFrame is missing the bwMode attribute

09-0244

PML, OLE Objects: CT_OleObject is defined incorrectly

09-0245

PML, extensibility: CT_StringTag's name and val attributes should be required

09-0247

WML, Tables: CT_TblWidth does not specify how to handle conflicting properties

Thanks, and I'll "see" everyone at the teleconference.

Shawn Villaron
Group Program Manager, Microsoft Office PowerPoint