DR 09-0207: WML: Custom XML and Smart Tags

Doug Mahugh Doug.Mahugh at microsoft.com
Thu Jun 11 15:26:36 CEST 2009

Murata-san,

Structured document tags can be bound to specific nodes in a custom XML part, and the details of such databinding are stored in attributes of the dataBinding element:

- prefixMappings attribute = the namespace/schema
- xpath attribute = XPath to a node within a custom XML part
- storeItemID = the custom XML part (or "data store" as it is called in ECMA-376/IS29500)

For an example of how the dataBinding element may be used, see this blog post: http://blogs.msdn.com/dmahugh/archive/2007/05/19/custom-schemas-revisited.aspx

Regards,
Doug