Opposition to DR 09-107

Rex Jaeschke rex at RexJaeschke.com
Sun May 24 12:33:35 CEST 2009

I disagree. It seems to me that the resolution to DR 09-0107 should stand as
is. Here's my thinking.

1. If I understand correctly, regardless of the resolution of DR 09-0159,
the proposed changes in the resolution of DR 09-0107 are correct; true and
false are always acceptable values. If that is the case, there is no risk in
adopting those changes, even if (later on) DR 09-0159 makes them
unnecessary.

2. Given that we have a solution to DR 09-0107, and we might not resolve DR
09-0159 to go in the same COR set, I see no reason to delay publishing the
solution to DR 09-0107.

3. From a personal viewpoint, it took a non-trivial effort to research and
write up the solution to DR 09-0107, so I'd rather not just throw it away if
it helps us close out one more DR.